Wednesday 15 March 2017

BARCELONA

Since it's mid exam/deadline period the summer blues are taking their toll so I thought I'd reminisce and share some of the best bits from my holiday in Barcelona


So first of all, this may have been one of my favourite/best breakfasts of all time. Everything about this brunch place was so cute, the wooden tables and chairs and the cute presentation of the food. I got avocado on toast with two poached eggs and the avocado was mixed with feta and some kind of salsa that just made it amazing. They also did acai bowls and bagels which were insane. Something for the sweet tooths was this nutella french toast with a caramelised banana, it was so tasty but I couldn't have more than one spoonful without feeling full for the rest of the day.
This brunch place was located around the harbour but most breakfast places in Barcelona seemed to have the same-ish menus.
Another amaaaaazing restaurant we went to was Empire, it was a sushi restaurant on the harbour next to all the beach clubs. Any sushi I've had since has not been up to scratch and the cocktails were so good.

 
Although I didn't get to do much sightseeing La Sagrada Familia was honestly mesmerising!! I've never taken an interest in architecture but it was so beautiful to see in person. We also went to Park Guell but we didn't buy tickets so we could only walk outside the park, the view was great though. 
The beach in Barcelona was high above expectations, apart from the obscene amount of naked people obviously in the nude areas, it was such a pretty beach especially to rent a bike a cycle all the way along.

 The nightlife in Barcelona was fun, we went to an event called the Barcelona Beach Festival and covered ourselves in a bunch of Go Get Glitter's glitter sets. I used all the gold ones because I thought it suited my blonde hair best and intensified my tan a bit (a bit) and obviously put some of the pinker colours on my eyes because thats pretty much the only colour I put on my eyes during summer!
 My go-to summer lip colour was my In Anticipation lipliner and Snob lipstick from MAC
We also went to various beach clubs like Carpe Diem, Opium and Pacha which were fun but a bit pricey. We went to Sutton club in Barcelona city as well which was so good, great music but not as touristy as the beach clubs
Barcelona was by far one of my favourite holidays and I can't wait to go back again!! 

S x

No comments:

Post a Comment